Thursday, July 30, 2009

Living Fit For Life has begun!!!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Ashley and I am a recent college graduate and former collegiate runner. I am extremely passionate about living a fit and healthy lifestyle and would like to pass my knowledge and passion on to you!

Please let me know if you have any specific questions concerning anything from student-athlete life to healthy family living and even healthy living into your 'empty nesting' phase of life (which my parents are beginning to experience and have offered me countless advice on)!

I am currently building my knowledge base on any and all topics concerning nutrition, fitness, motivation, physiology, psychology, and how the human body and mind works.

The main reasons that I am so passionate about these topics is based on my personal experience and struggles with striving to be the very best in everything I did. As I entered college I quickly found that perfection is impossible and fell into an all or nothing attitude. If I couldn't be the best then I may as well let everything go and sabotage myself. This way of thinking certainly did not help me and led me to spiral into a self destructive and unhappy way of living. Thus, I believe it is now my duty to help others who may struggle the way that I did and help them to realize that balanced healthy living is possible!

I hope you enjoy my blog and find it helpful!

"I honor the Spirit in you which is also in me."

Stay centered, keep moving, and love yourself,

Ashley

1 comment: